Last updated on
Applying for a passport in Dublin
- Register at the Embassy (if not already done)
- Fill in the application form(s) and send to the Embassy by email or post
- Book an appointment. Allow at least 3 - (form sent by email) or 5- (form sent by post) working days between date of sending the form and date of the appointment.
- Make payment online or pay on the day by bank card
- Come to the Embassy at the time of your appointment with proof of bank transfer on paper or bank card. We will take a digital photo and your biometrics during this appointment.
Price of 32-page passport - €75 (adult), €35 (minor)
Method of payment
Once you have an appointment, you can pay in advance by electronic transfer to the Embassy account (to the "Belgian Embassy in Dublin") IBAN: IE76 BOFI 9009 7346 7866 51, Swift Code: BOFIIE2D - (making sure to mention the name and surname of the person applying and the document required, e.g. Mary Murphy - passport). If you are paying by transfer, you must bring the proof of payment on the day of your appointment. Please note we now accept card payments in the Embassy.
Dispatching of the passport
If you want to receive your passport by post and ensure its safe delivery, please add to your application a pre-paid self-addressed Registered Mail envelope. NB: check postal fee if there are several passports at the same time.
Waiting time to obtain your passport: 7 to 10 working days.
More information on the Belgian passport can be found on the website of the FPS Foreign Affairs