Current situation in Ireland
Visiting the Embassy
Important information for visiting the Embassy:
To help us keep our team safe and our public counters fully functioning:
- Please check if your request can be completed by post, email or online.
- Book an appointment to avoid overcrowding and attend alone unless absolutely necessary.
- Avoid arriving too early for your appointment.
- We would kindly ask you to continue to wear your mask in the Embassy (except when taking photos for travel documents)
- Do not attend the Embassy if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or should be self-isolating.
Travel to Belgium
Citizens and Residents whose journey starts in an EU country (Green, Orange, Red, Dark Red or Grey zone):
- From 11/03/2022 it is no longer compulsory to fill in the Passenger Locator Form.
- You have a valid vaccination or recovery certificate:
- You do not need a PCR test in advance or to quarantine.
- You do not have a valid vaccination or recovery certificate
- You will need a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours in advance, or a negative RAT test no more than 24 hours in advance.
- Failure to comply with testing and quarantine obligations is an offence subject to a fine of minimum 250€.
- For more information or details on exemptions please consult the FAQ or phone +32 78151771
Travel to Ireland
- From 06/03/2022 all Covid-related travel requirements for Ireland have been lifted. It is no longer necessary to complete the Passenger Locator Form, or show proof of vaccination or testing.