How do I apply for a Schengen visa at the Belgian Embassy in Dublin?
Mandatory form for travel to Belgium
From August, 1st, all persons returning to Belgium and all persons travelling through Belgium and who are staying at least 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form). You can find this form here.
Important information for visiting the Embassy:
- Please check the current restrictions on movement in Ireland and restrictions on visa applications before booking an appointment.
- Please check if it is absolutely necessary to visit the Embassy in person. Many consular services (except for passport and visa applications) can be completed by post.
- If you are attending the Embassy you must make an appointment
- 1 appointment = 1 person. Only people with a confirmed appointment will be permitted to enter.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in force which means that only 1 person at a time will be allowed at the public counter. Please note this means you will be asked to queue outside. We would appreciate if you would arrive on time for your appointment, and not too early
- We are doing our best to make sure our public areas are kept as clean as possible. On arrival (and if instructed by our counter staff) please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19, or have had contact with someone who has, or if you are self-isolating – YOU MUST NOT ATTEND THE EMBASSY.
IMPORTANT COMMUNICATION COVID-19: Temporary Restriction on Non-Essential Travel to the EU
Following the EU Commission’s decision on applying a travel restriction on non-essential travel from third countries into the EU+ area, no visa application will be accepted, nor decision taken unless for travellers with an essential function or need, including:
- Healthcare professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals;
- Transport personnel engaged in haulage of goods and other transport staff to the extent necessary;
- Diplomats, staff of international organisations, military personnel and humanitarian aid, workers in the exercise of their functions;
- Passengers in transit;
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons;
- Persons in need of international protection or for other humanitarian reasons.
Those travellers must imperatively contact the Embassy via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further instructions.
The temporary travel restriction should apply until 15 June 2020. Any possible prolongation of this period should be assessed depending on further developments.
More information is available from FPS Interior here
Please note that at present we will only admit one person at a time to the public counter. Only persons with a confirmed appointment will be admitted. Please also note that you should not attend the Embassy if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
Before making an appointment, all visa applicants must:
Important Notice for Visa Applicants!
Please note that it is NOT necessary to apply for a Schengen visa for Belgium via an agency. The only fee you are required to pay for a Schengen visa is the handling fee, paid directly by money order or bank draft to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. Applying through an agency will NOT get an earlier appointment or a quicker outcome!
Visa application procedure from September 2019:
- Please check detailed information on required documents and fees here.
- Next, please fill in the application form on https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be.
- After you have submitted your application form online, you can make an appointment to submit your visa application file in person (click here).
Attention: All visa applicants have to fill in the application form online before making an appointment online.
For more information concerning possibilities and procedures about visa you can consult the website of the Immigration Office.
From July 2014, a harmonised list of supporting documents is imposed to persons who are subject to visa (C) requirement and are residing in Ireland. This list is the result of an Implementing Decision of the European Commission.
Information on the GDPR