Home Travel to Belgium How do I apply for a Schengen visa at the Belgian Embassy in Dublin?
How do I apply for a Schengen visa at the Belgian Embassy in Dublin?
All visa applicants must:
I cannot find any appointments online?
The only way to book an appointment for a visa application is via the link you receive by email AFTER submitting your form electronically on VisaOnWeb. It is impossible to book an appointment any other way. If you cannot see any dates available on the online system this means we are fully booked. Please check the online system frequently for any cancellations or for new dates becoming available.
Can I get an earlier appointment?
We are unable to give you an earlier appointment date by phone or email. Please check our website regularly for any cancellations.
But what if it is an emergency?
In case of genuine emergency, please send an email with supporting documents to email@example.com. Please note there are very strict criteria to meet in order to qualify as an emergency and tourism will never be considered.
Do I need to pay for an appointment?
Appointments are free of charge and should be booked directly from our online appointment system. Please note that it is NOT necessary to apply for a Schengen visa for Belgium via an agency. The only fee you are required to pay for a Schengen visa is the handling fee, paid directly to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. Applying through an agency will NOT get an earlier appointment or a quicker outcome!
How can I pay the visa handling fee?
The handling fee can be paid by bank card on the day you are lodging your application in person. We will continue to accept postal money orders or bank drafts until 28/02/2023. If you do not have the correct payment with you on the day of your appointment we will NOT accept your application.
What do I need to bring with me on the day of my appointment?
- Print out of your completed application form
- Original passport & residence card
- Means of payment
- All of the supporting documents listed in the list of requirements.
Please note that if you do not have acceptable payment or your file is considered incomplete we will not be able to accept your application and you will have to rebook another appointment on another day.
Can you tell me if my file/document is ok?
We cannot tell you over the phone or by email if your file or a specific document will be acceptable before your appointment. Please read through our list of requirements and your file will be assessed on the day of your appointment.
How long will it take to get my visa?
You should allow about 10 working days for the application process but it can take longer. Please note there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued.
Can I apply for a visa for Luxembourg?
Yes we also accept visas applications for Luxembourg. Please follow the same procedure as outlined above.
What do I need for a Long stay visa?
If you need a visa to go to Belgium or Luxembourg to study, work or join your spouse or partner on a long-term basis please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for more information. Please make sure to specify what type of long term visa you need (study, employment, self-employment, family reunification…). Please allow around 3-5 working days for a response.
I’m travelling as part of a group or organising a trip for a group, how should I proceed?
If you are travelling with a group of friends or family members: every member should book an individual appointment, following our standard procedures.
If you are in charge of organising a study trip or other organised trip to Belgium and require 6 or more appointments:
- Contact us by email at least 5 months before the travel date, informing us about your intention to travel to Belgium and adding an estimation of the amount of appointments you require. Make sure to add any evidence pieces (invitation letter from Belgian partner institution, itinerary, explanation on funding structure,…) to the email. We will analyze your request within 2 weeks and inform you either of the date(s) that have been reserved, or of the fact that the general procedure should be followed for your request.
- If your request was granted: confirm the amount of appointments required and provide us with a list of the applicants, including names and nationalities, as soon as possible, but at least 1 month before the agreed appointment date(s).
- For larger groups other procedures might be suggested on a case to case basis. Please be advised that the larger the group, the more in advance you should contact us, and that 5 months is considered a minimum period.
- If the 5 month period has not been respected, applicants will have to follow the regular procedure for appointments. It will not be possible to reserve spots or to add extra appointments in this case.
Please note that the request should come from the organisers (university, private company), not from the individual applicants.
For more information concerning possibilities and procedures about visa you can consult the website of the Immigration Office.
From July 2014, a harmonised list of supporting documents is imposed to persons who are subject to visa (C) requirement and are residing in Ireland. This list is the result of an Implementing Decision of the European Commission.